Bornn Enamelware - Marble Large Mug Blush
Enamelware is a time honoured and time consuming skill that involves fusing glass onto heavy-gauge steel through the use of a kiln. Raw steel bodies are machine mulled or hand-formed, glazed and then kiln fired to create a smooth surface. When placing each piece into the kiln for firing, variations in colour intensity will result depending on where the piece is placed within the kiln, which guarantees something truly unique for the end product.
Dimensions: 10cm diameter x 8cm high
Due to its smooth, non-porous surface made of glass, enamel is bacteria inhibiting and is easy to clean. With right care and use it can last for a lifetime and become a family heirloom and your dishes will look new for generations to come.
- Handwashing with the soft side of the sponge is recommended to prolong the life of your enamelware.
- Avoid wire brushes, steel wool, scouring powder containing sand and cleaning sponges with ceramic particles this can scratch the surface.
- The enamelware is dishwasher safe - just use the glass washing program.
- Do not use heavy duty cleaning products and harsh chemicals when cleaning, enamelware can easily be cleaned with a simple combination of lime juice and baking soda.
- Enameled steel is incredibly strong, but the glass top coat will chip if handled too roughly or dropped onto hard surfaces (revealing the steel frame underneath) remember it is still safe to eat from your enamelware dishes even if the steel underneath the glass is exposed.
- During the production process of enamelware products are hung for drying and firing under their rims therefore flash rust can appear in these areas, they can be easily removed with a damp cloth.
- There are small holes to allow gas to escape on models with hollow handles. Here the air can escape during firing. The little bubbles are part of the enameling process.
- There may be seams on the inside of the handle. Basic enamel leaks outwards slightly during firing, and a thin line appears, this is part of the enamelling process.